04 Jul 5 Reasons You Should Make a Career Move to Budapest
Budapest is straight out of a European fairytale, with castles, thermal baths, and the Danube River. It also happens to be a fantastic place to grow your legal career, with a thriving industry and a current need for Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Private Equity lawyers. Here are five reasons why you should consider making a career move to Budapest, Hungary:
- Access: Hungary is part of the European Union (EU), and its borders are already open to the rest of the EU. Additionally, the EU has recommended that its member states open their borders soon to countries like New Zealand and Australia. This means that quarantine-free travel to Budapest and to other European dream destinations could shortly be within your grasp.
- Waters: Budapest is known for its healing thermal baths, and a Danube River cruise is one for the bucket list. Whether in or on these famous waters, the activities on offer in Budapest are truly unique.
- Architecture: Budapest is full of architectural masterpieces, some dating back as far as the 13th century. From Gothic to Renaissance, Neoclassical to Moorish, the castles, bridges, and opera houses of Budapest will leave you starstruck.
- Food & Drink: Load up on comfort food in Budapest with dishes like goulash, chicken paprikash, and fozelek stew. Budapest is also notable for its quality beer, and the history of Hungarian beer brewing goes back to the nomadic Magyars. Try them out at one of Budapest’s many artsy and buzzing ‘ruin bars’, where locals have turned abandoned buildings into a thriving social scene.
- Career Opportunities: We are acting for a top-tier global firm in Budapest whose clients include major corporations, investment banks, and sovereign governments. Its lawyers are from all over the world: the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, and beyond; and they are looking to add a Senior Associate in M&A and Private Equity to their team. This could be you!
By day work on some of Europe’s biggest M&A transactions with industry leaders, by night sample delectable Hungarian cuisine and beer. On weekends, have a relaxing soak and thermal massage, cruise the Danube past centuries-old castles, or pop over to another amazing European city.
If you can picture this life for yourself, or if you would like to hear about more opportunities in Europe, get in touch with our Managing Director Frieda Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org.