24 Jul Insurance Senior Associate – Wellington
- Work for high-quality clients in a supportive workplace environment.
- We are looking for an experienced lawyer with at least seven years of PQE.
- Located in the vibrant creative hub of Wellington, New Zealand.
Our client is a well-respected Wellington law firm seeking an experienced insurance lawyer to join its dynamic and skilled insurance team. As part of a team with broad capability and strength, you will provide advice to a range of clients, from insurers to major banks. The nature of your work will involve advising on contentious insurance litigation, non-contentious insurance law, and regulatory compliance.
The expertise of this insurance practice makes this opportunity ideal for those seeking to further develop their career as part of a team which is deeply committed to quality. We are looking for candidates with extensive industry knowledge and skills and the ability to turn their hand to anything in the insurance sector.
Our client is offering a highly competitive base salary and excellent benefits, including contributions to a health insurance group scheme, preferred banking rates, and flexible work options. As well as having access to comprehensive professional development, you will also have the opportunity to represent the firm at international insurance conferences.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 7 to 15 years of post-admission experience gained ideally in another private practice firm;
- Contentious and non-contentious insurance law expertise is required, and regulatory compliance experience is desirable;
- In-depth insurance knowledge;
- High levels of motivation;
- Excellent client relationship management skills;
- Confidence in running your files;
- Adept problem-solving, analytical, and organisational skills; and
- Commercial acumen, as well as skills that extend beyond technical legal capability.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV, cover letter, and official academic transcript to Managing Director Frieda Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential discussion, please contact Frieda on +64 21 870 206.
Please note our advertisements use PQE levels simply as a guide. We are always happy to consider applications from candidates as long as they can demonstrate the required skills, experience, and competencies in order to deliver to the role.